Spinach, Tomato, & Feta Stuffed Crepes
Here’s a healthy way to add some tasty crepes to your diet!
This serves: 3
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Nutrition per serving:
356 kcals 20g Fats
26g Carbs 18g Protein
What you’ll need:
For the crepes:
- 1 cup (125g) flour, wheat
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) milk, plant or normal
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water, sparkling is best
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
For the filling:
- 9 oz. (250g) spinach
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 1/8 cup (150g) feta cheese, light
- ¼ cup (30g) sundried tomatoes, drained
What you need to do:
Mix the flour, eggs, milk, water and salt in a bowl until a smooth dough forms. Add the melted coconut oil and mix again (adding fat to the mixture means you will not need any during the frying process).
Fry crepes on a well-heated non-stick pan with a thin bottom. Turn over to the other side when the bottom of the crepe is nicely browned, and bubbles appear on the surface.
For the filling (for 6 crepes):
Place the spinach in a large frying pan or pot, and stirring it often until it wilts. Transfer onto a plate.
In the same pan heat the coconut oil and add the pressed garlic. Fry for 1-2 mins until slightly brown.
Transfer the spinach back into the pan and allow to heat up. Season with salt and pepper and oregano. Cut the feta cheese into cubes and roughly chop the sundried tomatoes.
To assemble the crepes, divide the spinach, feta and tomatoes evenly over the top of the crepes, then roll and repeat with the rest of the filling. Serve straight away or store in the fridge until required.
– The crepe recipe makes about 10-12 crepes, so you can store some for later and try different fillings or simply just half the amount of the crepes ingredients.
– The serving size is 2 stuffed crepes per portion.